Well life with Dax has been one wild trip.
Weight: to be honest I really don’t know. I’ll update this as soon as we have his next checkup
Height: same as above
Sleep: Still sleeping through the night! Dax is a really good sleeper and I hope I don’t jinx myself by writing this. He sleeps through everything: thunder storms, loud crashes, people coming in and out, tv/music, lightening even set our alarm off at 2 am one time and he slept straight through!
Baby Gear loves: Board books! Dax absolutely loves his books. Honestly he probably spends at least a good 30 min most days “reading” his books or being read to.
Dax’s favorites: playing, sitting on the boat, playing outside and in the sprinklers, trying to scare people, and cleaning. I know that the whole cleaning thing won’t last forever but I’m going to cherish it while it lasts. He love picking things up and putting them away, cleaning windows, sweeping, throwing trash away. He started doing these things on his own and momma just loves it.
Dax’s dislikes: naps (only on the weekends🙄), when people go bye bye, getting his diaper changed, and being still.
Milestones: Dax can run, dance, and give jumping his best try. He’s constantly on the move and I wouldn’t have it any other way! Dax got his second haircut and suddenly looked more like a toddler. (I’m growing his hair back out in hopes it makes him look more like a baby again…) We have a lot of teeth now, and teething is for the birds. We also officially had our first black eye. Daddy had to take over that situation and handle the blood, tears, and swelling! This experience was so awful, I felt so bad I went to bed nauseous. However I know for a fact that it will not be our last black eye. He will be just like daddy and have a lot worse happen!
Words Dax says a lot:
boat, buck, duck, dada, more, momma, pops, mom mom, truck, ball, car, trash
Words Dax can sign:
More & please
Things I don’t want to forget:
- When you are going to sleep at nights you play with dadas beard and rub mommas face. It seriously melts my heart.
- When we say your name and smile at you and you give us this smile in return (sometimes daddy just says “Dax make the face” and this is the same face you will make) :
- You love going to school and love getting to see Miss Lori. All I have to do is ask if you’re ready to see her and you get excited and run to the door.
- You give sloppy/wet/open mouth sugars to whoever wants one.
- If we ask you for a hug you come lean on us and say “awwwww”
- You are fiercely independent. You want to walk into daycare by yourself and you do not want to hold my hand walking in.
- You love riding your bike you got for your birthday and watching your little hands grip the handles and try to steer yourself is the sweetest.
We went to Cooks and got the best report yet. The doctor said that Dax has a naturally low hemoglobin level and that his anemia is not bad enough that we need to intervene at the moment. Bottom line was that when all of this started Dax was really sick. He did not act sick but he was. His little body is just taking longer to get back to normal. He still has an elevated sed rate but all his levels are slowly but surly going down. He has one more appointment at cooks in September and hopefully we won’t have to go back after that. This boy has been such a trooper through all of this and I am so proud of him!
These last few months have flown by. You are like a little sponge watching and listening to everything we do. You are learning new words faster than I imagined. Everyday I feel like you’re less of a baby and more of a toddler. However you’ll always be my baby. You have a big heart and love to laugh. There is one thing that’s for sure and it’s that this boy is STRONG WILLED. Strong willed isn’t bad, in fact I admire it about you. You know what you want and you go after it. I honestly hope that you never lose that drive!
Heres to our favorite little cowboy! I can’t wait to see what adventures the next couple of months bring!
Here’s a photo dump from the last few months: